Pass the Cookies—or Give the Cookies a Pass?
GDPR is overwhelming.
The headlines have faded, and the panic has dulled. But GDPR's requirements remain very real and challenging to understand and implement. If you're still struggling, you're not alone.
Estimates have varied widely—from as few as 7% to about 60%—of US companies who expected to achieve compliance by the May 25th deadline. Even the most optimistic estimate leaves 40% failing to meet the compliance deadline. And even some large businesses just gave up, at least for awhile. The LA Times, the Chicago Tribune, and Tronc Inc. (which owns the New York Daily News, the Baltimore Sun, the Orlando Sentinel, and the San Diego Union-Tribune) blocked all European access to their websites. Europeans are greeted with an image like this one, posted by the LA Times.